Tuesday, July 19, 2011

From Chad Seybt

Well, again I have turned out to be the weakest link. Those four days of illness in Kathmandu made me weaker than I realized. On the 5 hour wike we were supposed to take up and down two days ago, I only made it about 10% up. The group was very gracious in cheering me on when I got to the "resting spot." But in just that little climb, I started seeing spots and my heart was pounding in my chest and my head was just throbbing. I had a really bad headache in the back of my head and the "spots" didn't go away until about a half an hour. I discussed with Todd and Raju what the rest of the hike would be like even with someone else carrying my bag, but ultimately came to the VERY difficult conclusion of staying back in Dhading. I was literally heartbroken because this was our last hike of the trip, and I had yet to make a hike. With a heavy heart and a head hung low, I made the climb back down to Dhading. But I was to have great company in the pastor's son from Maidi, Pramod. After reaching Dhading and fueling up on food he and I spent a good two hours teaching each other Nepali and English. He was very interested in getting my email address, and I hope we can stay in contact with each other. Being alone has allowed me to make some very special friendships with other Nepali Christians that the group just gets to meet. For that I am ever so thankful to the Lord. I am very much excited and looking forward to preaching in Kathmandu on Saturday and also our pastoral training seminar. I pray that the Lord will give us good health and safe travel and continue to lift my spirits. "This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment