Sunday, July 31, 2011

From Carl Reim

After being up for roughly 24 hours, it felt absolutely amazing to crawl into my own bed after getting home at 1am Friday morning. And later that day I was treated to some good old home cooking. I was very glad to get back to a few things like: air conditioning, hot showers, beds that I fit in, beds that are soft, drinking tap water, and nice clean clothes. 

However, there are still a lot of things that I am going to miss about Nepal. This has been, by far, the most amazing and inspirational experience of my life. The kids that I taught were all so happy and excited about learning. The church members were so passionate about worshiping. I will never forget watching them sing songs for us. 

I am so proud to be able to work with the people of the HCLCN. First of all they were all so helpful and easy to get along with. They never complained about having to travel with a bunch of stupid Americans who wouldn't even be able to get on the right bus without them. They never complained about how slow we were at hiking. They never complained about how much we talked about American food. They never even complained about how much we complained. These people have worked incredibly hard to help start the HCLCN, to spread the HCLCN to new towns and villages, and to check in on and help these churches survive. These men have other things to do in life such as school and their jobs. Yet they still take time to work hard at spreading Christianity around Nepal, sometimes risking their lives. 

As I said I am very proud to have been able to meet and work with people like this. I am very thankful and blessed to be able to go to Nepal and have these experiences. I can see the HCLCN continuing to grow throughout Nepal, but I hope and pray that they may stay faithful to God's word, and that the pastors there can receive the training and support that they will need in order to help spread the church throughout Nepal. 

Leaving Nepal on Tuesday was very difficult. After exchanging gifts, we said some emotional goodbyes to our new friends. After a rough 8 hour layover in Dehli we headed to London for a day and a half layover. In London we were able to take a tour bus around the city and see some of the sights. I think when we first got there, everyone would have rather just gone home instead, due to exhaustion and sickness. However, after a little while we started to have fun. I think it was a good way to end the trip, and to help us deal with the extreme time difference. 

All in all, it was an amazing trip, and I have some amazing memories that I can carry with me forever. Thank you all for reading these posts, I hope you have enjoyed them. Please continue to pray for the continuation and growth of the HCLCN, and for all of our missionary efforts around the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment